||An Unusual Pair of Rare Silver Gilt Torah Finials, circa 1770, of hexagonal form with three tiers of bells each surmounted by semi-precious and precious stones and pierced chase scroll work, the spiral staves with Hebrew inscription dated 1771, in brass-bound ebony fitted case, inlaid with brass crescents, stars and scrolls. 42cm high. The Hebrew translates "These bells belong to the wise and esteemed Isaac Aboab. They were finished on the 18th of the month of Ethanium in the festival of Succoth 1771-2". This probably related to Isaac Aboab of Gibraltar to whom the British authorities made the first grant of land for religious purposes for a synagogue in Engineer Lane. After the Siege of the Rock in 1782, Isaac returned to London where he died in 1786.